My search for a good PHP IDE never stops 😉 My choice was Zend Studio until recently. But Zend Studio is not free and it’s free analogue – PDT – lacks some features like refactoring (PDT is also mainly developed by Zend, so, I think, Zend will always keep it low to prevent competition with Zend Studio). Also, it is monstrous (More than 300Mb installer) and it definitely lacks good Symfony support.
Recently I came across NetBeans, which is now free and developed by Sun. Sun seem to abandon all own IDE projects in favour of NetBeans, so this is a somehow strong foundation.
Oh… 25Mb installer only for PHP version 😉 And… it is easy to use. Very. I would like to guide you through the creation of new symfony project in NetBeans.
Continue reading “Free opensource Symfony-friendly IDE: NetBeans 6.8”
Recently I’ve downloaded Zend Studio 7 Final to try new features they promised for PHP 5.3. OMG.It seems I caught early alpha, not final by accident…
- CodeAssist doesn’t show completion variants for variables
- PHPUnit always tries to generate test files near testing .php file (but it seems, it’s a general behavior which I don’t like)
- PHPUnit cannot handle namespaced classes! This is the code it generated for one of my classes:
* Core\Autoload test case.
class AutoloadTest extends PHPUnit_Framework_TestCase
* @var Core\Autoload
* Prepares the environment before running a test.
protected function setUp()
// TODO Auto-generated AutoloadTest::setUp()
$this->Core\Autoload = new Core\Autoload(/* parameters */);
* Cleans up the environment after running a test.
protected function tearDown()
// TODO Auto-generated AutoloadTest::tearDown()
$this->Core\Autoload = null;
* Constructs the test case.
public function __construct()
// TODO Auto-generated constructor
I am publishing it as-is. The whole code is broken as if Zend Studio doesn’t know about 5.3 namespacing at all! My god… And this is a final release… No, better I will go PDT… Why paying money for non-working things?
- After saving a file it sometimes drops “An error has occurred. See error log for more details. Widget is disposed” message.
- Analyzer hung on analyzing Smarty.php class file from 2.6.x.